Saturday, January 5, 2013

A New Year, an Old Goal

It's the same old, same old.  I guess.


You know what I am talking about.  It's a new year, so people make those resolutions.  This year I am going to try to be less of a fat ass.


I say this every year.  I even created this blog.  Still overweight.  Still addicted to chocolate.  What will make this year different?



I don't know if I can answer that question.



I know that my life is different from where I was.   I'm happily married, with a loving and supportive husband.  I live in a nice house in a state that stays warm in the winter.  One of my closest friends moved to my town.   My husband and I got a wonderful puppy for Christmas.


What will make this year different?


I can't answer that.


I am happy with myself so far this year.  I'm counting calories.  I am taking the dog on long walks where I attempt to run a bit.  My friend and I motivate each other.  My husband knows not to bring junk food into the house or offer to go to those bars where we drink some beers and eat double fried fat food and wings.


I have a renewed since of hope.  So much so, that I am attempting to resurrect this blog.

My knee hurts.  My shin is aching and my lungs are burning.  I've denied chocolate cake twice this week.


I am going to keep trying.



No comments:

Post a Comment