Saturday, February 18, 2012

Chicken Taco Nachos

I've had bad luck with colds this year. New job in a new state, my immune system isn't as strong as it normally is. Because of this, I have been enjoying many recipes involving whole chicken and homemade chicken stock. I do plan on blogging about my chicken soup and why I now love cooking whole chickens, but today I am going to skip ahead and share a good leftover chicken recipe that both Dave and I really enjoy.

Chicken Taco Nachos:

Leftover chicken shredded into bite size pieces
Taco seasonings (I prefer the low sodium kind due to blood pressure issues)
2 Fresh Jalapenos (or more or less depending on your person hotness taste)
Slice Olives
Blue Chips
Mexican Cheese (I prefer fat free cheddar)


Preheat oven to 375

In a frying pan, heat up the chicken with the taco spices.



Grab a baking sheet and cover it with blue chips (or other type of tortilla chips). Slice the jalapenos and spread them around over the chips.



Spread out the heated chicken over the chips. Top with olives and cheese.



Pop the baking tray in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.


Let cool for a few minutes so you don't burn your taste buds and enjoy. :)


This is quick and easy for those night you want a quick meal and need to get rid of that extra chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment