Monday, January 23, 2012

Bye, Bye, Gallbladder!

What a way to start the new year! After some stomach pain and sickness, they yanked my gallbladder out last Thursday. For a person who is pretty doped up and not hungry, I have been looking up a lot of yummy recipes that my body can't handle eating right now. However, I've had a surplus of facebook friends posting about making granola so I decided to add my recipe to the mix. I have to thank my friend Cheryl for sharing this recipe with me!



yummy granola:

4 cups oatmeal
2 cups coconut
2 cups nuts
3/4 cup veg. oil
1/2 cup honey
brown sugar

Mix ingredients and spread in a sheet pan. Sprinkle brown sugar on top. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes.

Add dried fruit after you bake it (cranberries, raisins, etc.).

This granola is soooo tasty. I also add chocolate chips to it as well (I wouldn't be a chocoholic without it!). This tastes great with yogurt or with warm milk. :) Another great idea is to throw some of this granola into a food processor with some dates and make into an awesome bar.

I want some now. I hope my lack of gallbladder lets me eat it! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment