Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wednesday Weekly Weigh In

So last week I counted calories, ate healthy, rejected cake, and worked out almost daily.  When I got on the scale I happily saw that I lost four pounds!

This week I did the same.  So when I got on the scale I lost one pound.

ONE.

I know, I know.  It is still a loss and considering that my program says I'm only supposed to lose 2 pounds a week, I am still a pound ahead of schedule.

This is when I realized how much we focus on actual numbers.  I didn't focus on what a great job I did sticking to my diet and working out.  I didn't focus on how I can feel my pants starting to hang loose or how I am able to run farther and faster ever time I go out.

I focused on how I only lost one pound and how maybe the PCOS is being a bitch and how no matter how hard I try, the PCOS will win.

All because a $5 machine I stepped on said I only lost one pound.

I feel that this is the struggle many dieters face.  It's not a race, it's a marathon and I haven't even reached the half mile mark yet, and feel frustrated because it isn't going as fast as I would like.

So here is my weekly pep talk.

I will not be beaten by a $5 machine that I step on.

I will be happy for doing the right thing.

When I feel frustrated or sad, I will think of something that makes me happy.  Like this:


No comments:

Post a Comment