Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's not always easy

Well... it's not. I know anyone reading this is giving me the classic sarcastic duh-der! I also knew that my whole 1 year endeavor wouldn't be easy either.

I just wish my shin would stop hurting. :-P

I lost weight last week which made me happy, but I had to lower my workout intensity this week. That is frustrating. I actually like working out. I love the endorphins and I love the feel of accomplishment. I just don't like the pain in my lower leg lol.

So to help it feel better, I took the weekend off. It hurt Monday during my run, so I took yesterday off. Tonight it was good until about half through the body jam class. *sigh*
Tomorrow I'm going in for my weight training and then I am going to get back in the pool for a while. I'm starting to think I need some pool time... just stay off the leg for awhile.

To my running friends... how do you deal with shin splits? Is there anything I can do to relieve the pain in my right shin? Is there a magic trick I can do to fast forward a few weeks and be more fit today? ;)

So... tomorrow... weights, pool, and farmer's market veggies... :-D

Maybe it isn't so bad after all.

2 comments:

  1. shin splints: feet flat on the floor. Raise toes, hold, lower, repeat.

    You will get there, your journey is a marathon not a sprint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tape your shins next time you're working out. That has helped me a lot.

    ReplyDelete